It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:09 am 
Site Admin

I'm not sure this is the appropriate product for me, and I'd like to ask a couple of questions before a commit precious harddrive space to this product. All I am looking for is a map I can load to my personal website with links state-by-state. Is your product a good option for this purpose?

Thank you!!

Candace A.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

That's not because "BeGraphic lite edition" is free that's useless. Thousands of users love BeGraphic lite!!!

BeGraphic light edition is the first version of a product made to fit a need in PowerPoint and Excel: advanced charts and dynamic diagrams (*) to communicate advanced analysis (not for exploring information or a database).

As you now understand this product, it's obvious that BeGraphic Lite is:
  • free and will remain (The version Pro will have some additional features but won't kill the lite ed.)
  • focused on adding options to charts, making super-charts (surprise ;-)), building dynamic diagrams (*)
  • updating your data visualizations based on your values changes
  • not made for interactive drilling / jumping to another data visualization (**)
  • not directly made for Web... unless you only ask for pushing updated PDF to web users (***)

* : a real diagram is a data visualization where objects/symbols are linked by lines/arrows. Dynamic diagrams can be "Strategy map" (Balanced Scorecard), "Cause/effect Ishikawa", actionable Business Activity Monitoring...

** : some interactive capacities might be added in the version Pro of BeGraphic. But it's useless to expect much, because Microsoft Office technology hasn't been built for that... and will never be as solid as Flash or Silverlight for this kind of functions.

*** : Microsoft even refused to modify its own Office charts (WMF/EMF/EMF+ vector images) to let them being seen on the Web. Proof: SharePoint Excel Services.

Profile Send private message